We apply over 25 years of marketing expertise to help businesses craft unique brand stories.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
With knowledge and time it’s possible to effectively implement an SEO strategy in-house. But be warned, should your organization not have people resources to invest in SEO on a consistent basis then you should hire outside experts to manage the process for you.
Three areas to which you should pay particular attention are keywords, link strategy and an HTML review.
Keywords: The first is choosing the right keywords. Don’t be fooled by the term “keyword”. What it refers to is searchable words or phrases. Often the highest ranked keyword is a phrase e.g. “luxury shopping in Toronto”. The most searched terms might not be the best, nor the term with the least competition.
Link Strategy: The second is to prepare a link strategy. Here are just a few of the linking factors that will affect whether your potential customers find your website. You can implement a SEO strategy yourself, but it can be very time consuming. Many organizations find that it is worth hiring experts to put it together for them. Telescope teams with Buddhacom to provide clients with this service.
Our site audits and strategies include a review of the many factors, including the following:
- The total number of incoming and outgoing links
- The importance of the sites you link to and from
- The relevancy of the sites you link to and from
- Which pages on their sites and on yours are being linked
- What you include in the incoming and outgoing links
- Where on the page the links are placed
- How many links are on those pages
- How many pages are linked to or have outgoing links
- The ratio of links to content on the pages involved
HTML Code Review: The third place to invest is to have somebody knowledgeable review your html code. Chances are that you have missed numerous opportunities to let the search engines know your website is relevant, and possibly some opportunities to show it is important.